- Turn off the engine and remove your car key.
Always ensure that the engine are other components are cool before carrying out any work under your bonnet!
- First remove cables from the negative terminal of the battery.
- Then remove cables from the positive terminal of the battery
- Unfasten the bolts of the battery hold down clamp and remove the old battery.
- Place the new battery in the battery tray and tighten the battery clamp bolts.
- Press down using the hands to make sure that the battery is firmly in place.
- When connecting cables, connect the negative terminal first and then the positive terminal of the new battery.
- Car battery disposal
Do NOT dispose of the old battery with regular rubbish.
Either take it to a local authority waste disposal facility or scrapyard that accepts hazardous material for recycling, or you may be able to return it to the shop where you bought the replacement battery.
Car Maintenance and Repair Tips : How To Replace A Car Battery